This delicious pot roast is fall apart, tender slow roasted and smothered in a delicious gravy with potatoes and carrots.Print
This delicious pot roast is fall apart, tender slow roasted and smothered in a delicious gravy with potatoes and carrots.
2.5 beef eye round
1 tbsp granulated onion
1 tbsp granulated garlic
1 tbsp Montreal Steak seasoning
About 1/2 cup flour
4 tbsp canola oil divided
1 large sweet onion (chopped)
1 cup dry red wine
3 cups beef broth
1 sprig of rosemary
1 bay leaf
1 pound baby carrots (chopped)
1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (diced)
Season potatoes and carrots to taste with dried rosemary, granulated garlic, granulated onion and Montreal Steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1 tbsp of granulated garlic, granulated onion and Montreal Steak seasoning. Generously season the roast with the seasoning mixture. Coat the roast with flour.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions; cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until onions are browned.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; stir in broth. Return roast to pan, and add rosemary and bay leaf.
- Bake, covered, for about 2 hours.
- While the roast is in the oven, prepare the potatoes and carrots. In a medium bowl combine potatoes and carrots, add about 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Season to taste with dried rosemary, granulated garlic, granulated onion and Montreal Steak seasoning. Pour potatoes and carrots onto a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Roast for 45 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
- Roast the potatoes and carrots while the pot roast is in the oven. For a total roasting time of 2 hours and 45 minutes. When the potatoes and carrots come out of the oven, add them to the pot with the roast.
- Continue to roast for about an additional 30 minutes until the roast is fork tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables from pan; keep warm. Discard bay leaf
- Slice the roast and serve.