This chili is thick, hearty, and full of flavor. It’s loaded with beef, beans, tomatoes and absolutely delicious and so simple to make.
2 tbsp of bacon fat or canola oil
2 small-medium onions medium diced
2 medium bell peppers medium diced
2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 tablespoons Chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 teaspoons granulated garlic
3 teaspoons granulated onion
3 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup beef stock
3 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
2 (14.5 oz) cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
Season to taste with salt
- Add bacon fat to a medium to a large stockpot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add the bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add chili powder, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion, cumin, dried oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally until the spices become fragrant. Deglaze pan with lime juice.
- Add ground beef, breaking up pieces. Cook until no longer pink and just beginning to brown.
- Add diced tomatoes with their juices. Season to taste with salt.
- Pour in beef stock and bring the liquid to a low boil. Cook chili uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lastly, add kidney beans.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.