These Honey Cheddar Cornbread Muffins are buttery, sweet, moist and packed with bold flavor.Print
These Honey Cheddar Cornbread Muffins are buttery, sweet, moist and packed with bold flavor.
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine cornmeal, bread flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, milk, eggs, and honey in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix the batter. Gently fold in cheddar cheese.
**If the batter is too thick add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Spray muffin pans with spray oil. Pour batter into greased muffin pans.
- Bake 20-25 mins.
- Cornbread is done when toothpick is inserted in the center of the muffins and has a few crumbs attached to the toothpick. If the toothpick is completely clean the muffins may be too dry.