Instant Pot Brisket Chili
This recipe for thick and hearty Brisket Chili is the perfect way to warm up this fall.
1 pound of bacon cut into cubes
1 medium sweet onion diced
1 jalapeno diced
2 cubanelle peppers diced
3 pounds boneless beef brisket diced
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp cumin
3 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tbsp granulated onion
1/2 tbsp granulated garlic
1 cup beef broth
1 bottle of stout beer
3 cans of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp tomato paste
- Starting with the Instant Pot sautee function set to high and sautee bacon until the fat has rendered off. (Or you can cook the bacon in the oven and reserve the bacon fat) Remove bacon from pot and add onions.
- Sautee onions in bacon fat until translucent and slightly browned.
- Add peppers and sautee until slightly browned.
- Remove onions and peppers and add brisket in batches. Brown each batch of brisket and remove once browned, repeating this step until you’ve browned all of the brisket.
- Add garlic paste, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, ancho chili powder, salt, oregano, granulated onion and granulated garlic.
- Return brisket, peppers and onions back to the pot, and stir well.
- Pour in beef broth, beer, and diced tomatoes. Stir well.
- Place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 50 minutes with keep warm setting off.
- When the instant pot has finished use the quick release to bring the pots pressure back to normal.
- Stir in 1 tbsp lime juice and 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Stir well before serving.
Personally, I think it’s faster to do all of the sauteeing on the stove.
** To make this recipe in the slow cooker, sautee onions, peppers, and brisket on the stove. Follow the same method above by sauteeing the onions first, then the peppers, and then the brisket in batches. Slow cook on high for 4 hours.