This Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork is very simple to make, but packed with tons of flavor.
4 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp orange zest
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 3 large oranges)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 1/2 large lemons)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (3 1/2 limes)
4 tbsp garlic paste
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp cumin
1/2 cup olive oil
7 lb skinless and boneless pork shoulder / pork butt, (not loin or leg roast, will dry out)
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place pork in a large ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Place in the refrigerator in a bowl for 2-3 hours up to overnight.
- Reserve 1 cup of marinade and remove the pork from the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pork in a Dutch oven or roasting pan Pour the reserved marinade over the pork, along with 1 cup of water.
- Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Baste with pan juices.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Roast for an additional 2 hours (or until pork is fork tender), basting every half hour.
I had a large pork butt. After cooking the pork, I froze half of it so I can have an easy meal prep night at another time.
Keywords: Cuban Mojo Marinade, Mojo Marinated Pork,